According to the The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, nearly 150 people are killed on the Fourth of July holiday. Almost two-thirds of those crashes are related to drunk driving. Don't be a statistic.
Here are some quick driving safety tips to keep you and your loved one's safe while on the road this Fourth of July.
- Stay Alert. Be mindful of the roads around you and any vehicles which may be displaying erratic or dangerous behavior. Keep a safe distance from them.
- Buckle Up. Always wear your seat belt, no matter how short the drive. Even on rural roads.
- Don't drive impaired. Never drink and drive. Call a ride service or designate a friend as the designated driver.
- Drive distraction free. Limit your distractions behind the wheel by putting away your phone, setting your GPS prior to your trip, and keep your hands on the wheel instead of eating or adjusting your radio.
- Observe speed limits. Speeding is the leading cause of fatalities in motor vehicle accidents. Always adhere to posted speed limits and keep a safe distance from those vehicles displaying risky speeds.
Download this safe driving tips infographic to share with your fiends and family this 4th of July and stay safe!